test

Thursday 14 July 2011

Boredom

Everyone knows about it. Everyone's been there. Everyone's had to face it. The utter and terrible feeling of...

Boredom

Or, as people sometimes say in the crazy world we live in: 'Boredom, I haz it'. Of course this is totally incorrect English, but I'll let it slip this time.

Anyway, I had it too. And I decided to make the best of it! That's right, I decided to share with you, dear reader, what I do when I am bored, and how to get rid of it, in the hopes that your boredom will be gone too.

So, I started off in the Research office. I figured something fun and entertaining could be done there. And there was: there was a box which said 'think outside of me'. It made me smile, but only for a while. Then I was bored again. So I moved on.


...Research office...

I went to the Academy! There's always something to do there... unless of course nobody's teaching a class.

...Academy...

Thus, I went to my own Library to look at the exhibitions. Usually a good choice, but come on... I'm Lead Librarian. I've seen those pictures thousands of times already. Good craftmanship of course, but still... moving on.

...Library...

So I went exploring. We've got a whole new constellation sim, so I figured there was something fun to do there. I encountered a loooooong corridor. Seriously folks, if you want to get bored more walk through loooooong corridors.


...Corridors...

I figured it was time for some tea at DS19. The promenade would be busy as usual, so there'd be people there too! But unfortunately, I was alone. The tea was good, though!


...tea...

Since I was there anyway, I tried to disable the mystical forcefield covering the transporter at OPS. Unfortunately, I couldn't make it through. I wonder where that transporter goes...


...forcefield...

I tried many other things. I went to sleep in a tent in Sovereign (nobody to sleep with though, so I instantly got depressed)...


...sleeping...

I went shopping before I realised I was broke...


...shopping...

And I went to fly a shuttle, only to see the Paris was fresh out of shuttles. Figures.


...no shuttle...

All in all, in trying to cure my boredom, I went all over GFC and found some amazing things. So my boredom was gone, at least for that moment. Now that I'm done writing this post though, I feel it returning again... Ah well, time to do all this over again. Who's with me!

1 comment:

  1. In the research office if you clicked on one of those pine boxes and left a message i would have got an email and could have had sent to you a message in IM from that reply email.

    Also if you had stood in front of the viewscreen and said "showme" you would have seen a surprise lol.

    The research office is full of little strange things you just have to know what to say and where click :P

    ReplyDelete